Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Paperwhites in Jade Footed Bowl



I have actually been waiting eight weeks for this post. Dave had made several footed bowls as a test prototype. I planted paperwhite bulbs in the pots before Thanksgiving. I actually was hoping they would be a centerpiece at Thanksgiving but they were not ready.

NOTE: I did not actually take pictures at the time so I borrowed this.




I also wanted to post a recipe for Hot Buttered Rum. I made these at Thanksgiving. You can make them ahead of time and freeze them, perhaps for a holiday party...

1 stick butter
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. brown sugar

Blend all ingredients well. Roll into balls of 1 teaspoon. Freeze. Put ball in cup, add jiggers of rum. Fill with hot water. Add lemon slice. Balls can be kept in a Tupperware bowl in the freezer all winter. ENJOY!~

Dave is having surgery on Monday. We will keep you posted.



~AS

3 comments:

Tracy said...

The paperwhites in the pots is a great idea! They would make a great gift...if you guys did a fair next year around Thanksgiving I'll be they'd be a hit!!!
You are making me want to come sit in front of your pellet stove in VT with one of your hot buttered rums!!!

Allison said...

Thanks Tracy. Great idea on the paperwhites as gifts!

adozeneggs said...

What a great idea to roll the butter into balls.
Last year I made it and stored the butter in a jar. Kind of gross and un-appealing that way.